13 February 2010

Silent Film

Ok, so my first blog is going to sound a little narcissistic. Well, not very. (I have a habitual fear of sounding like a braggart.)

I'm a freshman taking a junior class. (eyeroll from the audience) Like I said, not very, But I'm really excited, though, because it's actually IBDP Language Arts Year 1. IB is an international program that's for advanced students. And considering I'm in a public school, it's probably the best education I can get. (Not to diss public schools or anything. But let's face it, The United states is only ranked 18th in the world in secondary education.) So the class is vaguely challenging which is the most challenge I've gotten from a LA class ever. Ok, that was bragging. Sorry.

But we have to write this extended essay. And I don't know what to write about. I mean, I love film so I want to write about that. I especially love silent films (more on that later) but the main problem I have with essays are that I have so many ideas in my head, that I need a very specific thesis, or my essay is too broad and hard to follow.

So my audience, the wonderful people of the great and grand Internet, any ideas? Suggestion? Anything?

No comments: