25 February 2010

Teen Vogue March Issue Featuring Alice, Ballerinas, Fairytales and Model-Stupid-Face Part 1

This issue of teenVogue came with a mini-issue called prom magic. And it was. The main photoshoot featured a fairytale-like homecoming court filled with laces, frills, pastels, pearls and Prince Charmings.

 It's a small picture, but isn't it gorgeous? It's almost dreamlike, with her delicate feathery sleeves, her lace and mesh ballerina inspired skirt and the string f elegant pearls. I immediately had to read the issue after I saw the cover.





Camilla Belle (also in this issue) was weary a similar, albeit more girly version. She is a vision in white, with a more intricate and delicate lace pattern. I also like how she paired the sliver clutch and bracelet with it.
Also in this issue was a beautiful Santi sequin and tulle clutch and target pearl stud earings. Unfortunately, I was too distracted to remember to take a picture.

The Emma's were also in this issue.


Emma Watson was wearing a beautiful, flowing, floor length dress with a beautiful pattern and a rolled sash just above her waist. Emma Roberts was wearing a slightly torn knee length pale pink contraption. A clingy gossamer overdress (well that's what I think it is, I can't really tell). Really, I think it's very elegant, especially with the lace brooches? and the slightly worn feel makes it very authenic. I also applaud her choice on pearly créme shoes.


I love the golden Sam Edelman shoe. I especially love the subtle use of animal pronts. The inside appears to be leathe print and the leather outside is somehow raptilian and matches the print of the Deux Lux wallet. The brass of the shoe and of the leaf trinkets on the earring match almost perfectly, and the violet glass complements the color of the wallet. On the left, we have too very retour prévues et belle dresses. Both of them have very elegant features, but are very casual. Alberta Ferretti (one of my favorite designers) has a very blasé and bohemian look with her loose  striped dress. (Note the model's shoes.)
I love this shot. It reminds me of Le Petit Prince. It has this childlike simplicity to it. It has a beautiful truth to it. Unfotunately, prom is nothing like this. Sigh. Moving on from this, I really like the straps tied around the Homecoming King and his paper crown. In my opinion, this is much better than a tux, which is very overdone. The lace trimming on the queen's dress is prima
 On the right is a great use of a cardigan. The tan belt cinches the waist so the cardigan (notice the subtle use of sequins.)  I also like the statement necklace, which is a braid with cone spikes, a more romantic turn on what Eddie Borgo made famous. Right below is part of the same picture. The turquois Burberry clutch, which adds vivid color among the pastel and Vanessa Bruno lace bracelets, which I now need.

Using a sleek Phillip Lim vest with a tutu like Betsey johnson dress is ingenious. Here the also use lace bracelets. Well, I think they are lace (sometimes my ignorance is astonishing) And ofcourse I loved the cotton candy leggings (sorry if you can't see them) which succeed make this fairytale practical.
The next two pictures I wasn't too excited about, even though they were still very good. However, I decided to use them to show you the brilliance of Antonio Marras. "Look on my works ye mighty and despair!"

Somehow this picture makes the models (Mak and Rosie) look like the Muses. (Oh, but where is Aoidé?)
This dress is a little out of place in this shoot, but I love it anyway. The pink lips pop out from tan dress, both because of the color and because, literally, the lips do pop out a bit. The dress, misplaced as it is, is really just so charming and quirky and I can't blame the stylist for putting it in there. And it's no wonder I love the dress, it's Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti.
Above:Apparently, not only does Antonio Marras make great shoes; he makes fabric necklaces. At first I thought it was part of the dress, but it's a necklace of fabric flowers. Which is just amazing. Below: The object I am thinking of has feathers, lace, is fun, and sophisticated. It has a Grecian profile set on turquoise, and a crocheted pattern encircling it.What is it? a Teeny House Bunny haircomb!  
He is cute. If you like a mild dose of eyecandy with your fashion, I guarentee you'll find it here.
If you need conformation to get behind my ballerina-fairytale movement, look no further.Chanel Iman in gossamer and lace.


So, whew, that was probably my longest post so far. Next time I'll explain the Alice and the stupid face, but for now, ciao!


 "Ultimate Prom Guide." Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

"Time Traveler." Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

"Free Spirit."Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

"Sweet Dreams." Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

"Flight of Fancy." Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

"Snapshot: Chanel Iman." Prom Magic: Supplement of Teen Vogue. March 2010. Advance Magazine Publishers INC. Feb. 2010. Print.

No comments: